14 December 2007

Kitchen confidential - revisited

My post on 1st May http://drfrappucino.blogspot.com/2007_05_01_archive.html where I briefly mentioned Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain (actually all I did was put a photo-cover of the book which I actually borrowed - but hey I did read it okay) was noticed by the TV-series DVD distributor based in USA.

{Oh yeah baby! Apparently 'Kitchen confidential' was turned into TV shows by the creators of 'Sex in the city'}

So the very nice lady offered to post me 'the complete series DVD-box set of the show' all the way from US for free. She thought I might wanna see it and perhaps mentioned in my blog if i want to.

Without hesitation I said yes... and a package arrived prompty 1 week afterward. I must say - I was thrilled by the whole thing.



Obviously they got the right recipe for a hit-show: the idea of some wacky and funny character (+ sexy ladies) in a 'steamy' setting of a fine-dining restaurant was wicked to begin with.

I thought the show was brilliant, alas too bad it was ended albeit prematurely by the studio maybe due to poor rating.

Know what? Honestly I think it's a lot better that Sex in the city (not that I watched the latter)

Dessert anyone?

No comments: