16 February 2008

Reality bites

I rarely go shopping at pasar tani ever since I came back from atas laut 5 years ago. Hey don't get me wrong.. I absolutely love it , cumer the 'fresh' scent of fish etc etc sometime sting my nose. What an embarassing thing to say! Considering that I used to work at pasar malam for 3 - 4 years during my highschool days. Seems like this 'mat salleh celup' is stuggling conforming to his root... tak malu betoi!


They stole quick glance at each other several times - how sweet.
So strolling at Penchala pasar tani today is seriously doing some good to my internal homeostasis - balancing my disturbed 'chi' from too many shopping @ pavillion/the gardens. A different walk of life.

To digress, not all kids would have an easy years growing up.. it's a tough world out there - Palestine, rural places in Bangladesh and India to name a few. Kids working as labour in cotton factories or begging on rural streets, you know stuff we read in Time mags while sipping our nice hot mocha @ starbucks.


For example what would this young boy could acquire during his formative childhood years if he's literally picking up shoes from the box and arranging them on that table under the hot scorching sun... he could easily be around 4 - 5 years old.

When i did it I was like 16 - 18 years old. So that was character building if not anything else. I mean forget about National service.. although i don't mind lay my hands on those M16. Huh! Men, we easily distracted eh!

No comments: