
I went to No Black Tie for the 1st time 2 nights ago.
The place had a 'cool' feeling to it. Lemme see, in ala-ala casa impian wordings "the moody noir ambiance was dominated by low-key lighting creating deep shadows, fusing the feelings of melancholic, loneliness and entrapment".
Something like Bogart's Casablanca in technicolour... and yeah minus the beige trench coats (oh stop it u silly romantic sod!)
Did someone just whispered "Play it again Samad"?
It was May13 and the showcase was on 'unity' to commemorate that incident which happened phew!... 38 years ago. A mixture of live poetry reading intermixed with guitar acoustic gigs.I can't make any comparison to any other shows alike, because I was pretty much a virgin (Oh be gentle!) to these artsy-fartsy.
But in a nutshell it was all right, despite the fact that a BoB Marley's hair wanna be dude took nearly 20mins reading a newspaper excerpt and a guitarist who mumbled his way through 3 songs. Someone gotta be honest with him, y'know for public sake, to please improve his p-r-o-n-o-u-n-c-i-a-t-i-o-n (macam aku punyer baguss sangat kui! kui!).
.jpg)
Exceptional pieces include a voice over poem by Lisa Zahrin (darn one sexyy voice - too bad she wasn't there in person -- potong stim betoii!) and a new talent called Otam who has a deep husky voice as if you put Gary Moore & Louis Armstrong into a blender... HAHA! I shit you not man... this thin Malay boy can strut his stuff like a Motown veteran.
Encore!!
No comments:
Post a Comment