04 October 2008

CSI Bukit Bintang: Pilot

There was a mixture of excitement and sombre mood in the air. The street was dirty with little humidity to be shared around tonight. The crowd was restless, few security guards were trying their best to hold back some curious onlookers.

The object of affection was a scrawny-looking young malay lad who laid unconscious in front of Sg Wang with his skull half-cracked open. I tried to walk away with my shopping goodies, but my conscious told me to stay put and be a good boy.


So I introduce myself to the guards and they allowed me to pass through. For a split second I felt like Horatio Caine of the CSI Miami (minus the sunnies and a quippy one-liner... errr and hot babes wearing bikinis in the crowd) walking in a slow-mo approaching a crime scene.


This unfortunate chap was attacked by some bikers armed with Grade A helmets. So yeah he was totally knocked out with a Glascow Coma Scale of 8/15 (google it lor), a rapid non-alcohol breathing with relatively strong pulse.


The thing with ambulatory medicine (or pre-hospital care) is we aren't equip with all the standard gadgets in an emergency room. No gloves, IV Drip or Oxygen mask to play around. So my 'street magic' healing process was pretty farking useless. Feeling naked and helpless all I could do was putting him into lateral recovery position so the poor sod didn't aspirate his semi-digested lemang into his lungs.



In a classic M. Night Shyamalan's twisted ending the loud wailing siren vehicle finally arrived and TA-DAA!! The hospital ambulance came in a form of a van from the Jabatan Pertahanan Awam. Well don't get me wrong, I was thrilled they came. But the way those JPA boys carried the victim was a bit too rough.. err please handle the neck with care boys.

For goodness sake, whatever happen to our national health revamped that took place few years ago. I'm sure with couple of million pumped into buying Mercedes-branded ambulance. Maybe Anwar could use this piece of ass - ops! I meant information for his next election.

Cheerio!

No comments: